Thursday, June 11, 2015

Hazme Andar en la Luz

Hola familia y amigos! 

Well this week was a blast and a half! It was so fun being in a trio with Hermana Warnock and Hermana Starnes. Since we were in a trio we worked both in Chicago 2nd and Midway! So we definitely kept busy the entire week. Most days it was appointment after appointment and I loved it! 

So last Monday we went to a missionary farewell and the Hermano's son has a little guitar so I was playing it while everyone was singing for a while. Afterwards the Hermano said we could borrow the guitar for the week! So this week has been filled with so much music! We seriously sang at almost every appointment and everyone LOVED it! Hermana Warnock came up with a medley of hymns and we even sang it at a baptism on Saturday with the elders. 

We had a lot of fun contacting this week too! It was so funny because we were determined to talk to everyone, so when the ice cream truck stopped you better believe we contacted the driver! Hermana Warnock was like, "we don't have to buy anything we'll just give him a card." So she goes up to him and starts explaining who we are then he's asking what kind of ice cream she wants. So she turns and looks at us and then back at the guy and says, "I'm going to need to get a powerpuff girls." Then of course Hermana Starnes and I joined in and got teenage mutant ninja turtle and Spider-Man ice cream. Don't worry we got in a good contact too and he accepted a card! 
Another awesome contact was as we were waiting for a train to pass. So there was a ton of traffic and clearly no one was going anywhere so we parked the car and got out and contacted people as they were waiting for this train to go by! I had a pretty cool experience talking to this man sitting in his truck. It was very clear that he was interested in learning about the gospel. He reached for the closest piece of paper and ripped some off and wrote down his name and all his contact information. So cool! 

There's an Hermano in the midway ward who professionally sings with his wife and since I've been bringing that little guitar with me everywhere he played a song for us! That HE wrote! I'll try to remember to send the video.

This week our mission president asked us to study faith and this is just some of my notes from what I learned. I really like in Moroni 10:7 where it says, "for he worketh by power, according to the faith of the children of men." God has the power to do all things, but we can't partake of all the blessings of this power until we show our faith. I love in the bible dictionary under prayer where it says, "Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings." Prayer is a basic yet powerful way we can exercise our faith. Because faith is such a powerful principle I know that is why each conference the general authorities counsel us to do very basic things that will help us to strengthen our faith. I was reading a devotional by Randall L. Ridd and I loved this quote, "Prophets past and present have pleaded with us to do small and simple things like praying and studying the scriptures. So, why doesn’t everyone do them? Perhaps one reason is that we don’t necessarily see dramatic negative consequences if we miss a day or two--just as your teeth don’t all decay and fall out the first time you forget to brush. Most of the consequences, positive and negative, will come later, over time. But they will come." I know that there are promised blessings awaiting us as we stay strong and make sure we are nurturing our faith on a daily basis. I know that our faith in the Savior will help us to progress and really understand and participate in the ordinances of Salvation which will help us solidify our testimony and increase our desire to share it with others. 

Well tomorrow is transfer meeting! I will be getting a new companion and she's so awesome! Her name is Hermana Anderson and she's coming from the Chicago 5th ward just next door to where I started. I'm sorry I don't have a ton of time left I wish I could say more about how AWESOME this week was! I love this gospel so much and I know with all my heart that it is true. I love you all so much and I hope everyone has a great week.

Keep smiling,

Hermana Knowles

198
Hazme andar en la luz
1.Hazme ̮en la luz de Su ̮amor caminar.
Muéstrame cómo ̮a mi Padre orar.
Quiero vivir como dijo Jesús.
Dime cómo andar en la luz.
2.Ven, pequeñito, y juntos los dos
aprenderemos las leyes de Dios
para volver a vivir con Jesús,
para siempre andar en la luz.
3.Padre, las gracias queremos rendir,
pues nos enseñas la senda ̮a seguir.
A Ti loores cantamos, oh Dios.
Juntos vamos a ̮andar en la luz.







No comments:

Post a Comment