Monday, September 21, 2015

La Iglesia de Jesucristo

September 14, 2015

Hola familia y amigos!

So the ward had a Noche Latina on Saturday night and it turned out great! We even had two of our investigators come and they loved it too! They're a husband and wife, Lucrecia and Daniel, and they're hilarious. The whole night Lucrecia was chatting it up with all the missionaries and her and her husband were kind of obsessed with taking pictures with all of us too. Later there was a talent portion of the evening and my companion went up and performed a traditional Mexican dance and she did great! I was definitely not planning on doing anything but just a few minutes beforehand one of the members came up to me and asked if I would participate. She was like, "One of the Hermanas brought a guitar will you go up and sing?" Como no Hermana! Good thing I had all those hymns burned into my memory from last transfer. So the Noche Latina was definitely a success.

On Sunday a little boy the elders have been teaching got baptized! I always love the spirit I can feel at baptismal services. After the baptism and confirmation was over one of the elders told me that he had a really cool experience as he was standing in the circle when the boy was receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost. He said, "It was so cool because I felt the spirit so strong. I first felt it in my heart and it might sound weird but later I felt it super strong through my arm as it rested on his head." I guess you could say the church is true or something. We're hoping to have another baptismal service in a couple weeks so I'll keep you all updated about that. 

We had two very sweet miracles on Sunday! #2newinvestigators. Kind of a long story. Not sure maybe I guess we'll find out. So last week Hermana Mendieta and I spent a good amount of time street contacting and met a nice old Mexican man named Daniel! Well we had a return appointment with him the next day so we went and of course he was nowhere to be found. So we do what any good missionary would do and knock around the building we found him. Well from that we met Miriam! Shes a younger lady who just lives with her daughter and she's very sweet. We set up a return appointment with her which was yesterday! So we stop by for our appointment and old Mexican Daniel in his sombrero is just hanging out by his garage again so we asked if he would still be there after we finished our appointment with Miriam and he said yes. Then we had our first lesson with Miriam and it was awesome! She's super willing to learn and see what we're all about. After her we go outside and Daniel is waiting for us with a couple plastic chairs so we could sit and teach him! He was just asking all the PRIME questions. Why are there so many churches? How can I know which one is true? Well, we will gladly tell you sweet Mexican Daniel! He loved it! Also I just want to express my gratitude for the opportunity to teach Mexicans the gospel because I can relate the apostasy to eating only half of your taco and then when Joseph Smith comes around you can finish the other half and IT MADE PERFECT SENSE TO HIM. Again I feel it would be appropriate to mention here that the church is true my friends! 

Well I hope everyone has a great week! I sure love what I do and I'll say it a third time, I know this gospel is true! I know we have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who care ever so deeply about every little thing in our lives. I love them and I love each of you. Until next Monday!

Keep Smiling,

Hermana Knowles

La Iglesia de Jesucristo
1.Yo soy de La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días.
Yo sé quien soy; sé el plan de Dios. Lo seguiré con fe.
Creo en Jesucristo el Salvador. Su nombre honraré.
Lo bueno haré, iré tras Su luz, Su verdad proclamaré.





No comments:

Post a Comment