Saturday, December 20, 2014

¡Regocijad! Jesus Nació

Hola familia! 

The end of the transfer was on Saturday and Hermana Gonzalez and I will be STAYING in Chicago 4th for 7 more weeks! This is Hermana Gonzalez's last transfer of her mission so I will be her last companion! She told me for this transfer she is going to try to talk to me only in Spanish. I'm really looking forward to that! She said she's noticed that my spanish accent is sounding more Mexican haha. I'm most certainly looking forward to this upcoming transfer. I know we're going to be working so hard to share the gospel with everyone! 

There's a lady we usually visit on Tuesdays in the nursing home and she's pretty sweet. This last Tuesday after we shared a quick message with her we sang a Christmas hymn to her and she absolutely LOVED it! I've never seen her smile so big before. I definitely looking forward to singing to her again soon! 

When we knocked doors on Tuesday night we tried a new approach where we just showed people the Christmas video, He is the Gift, at their doorstep (unless they let us in of course). It went super well! It brought up a lot of good conversation about the true meaning of Christmas and a few people even told us we could come back and share another message with their families. If anyone reading this hasn't already seen this video then go watch it right now! It's so powerful and beautiful! christmas.mormon.org or navidad.mormon.org

After district meeting on Wednesday we finally took a group picture with our Christmas attire and I though we looked rather festive! Hermana Shipp and Mansfield are being transferred to different areas tomorrow and the Ward is receiving two more elders. It'll be weird with 6 elders and 2 Hermanas in the ward for sure! Hermana Shipp and I have been together since day 1 at the CCM! That's crazy! 

This weekend we went caroling with our district and it was pretty fun! It actually wasn't too cold out which made it really nice. We're planning on going on Friday as well with more of the ward members and so I'm excited about that. 

So YARELI GOT BAPTIZED on Saturday! It was such a beautiful baptismal service. We're going to see Yareli again on Friday so we got her a little journal to record her spiritual experiences. She got baptized with her aunt and cousin it was so amazing! The Spirit was so strong and I'm just so glad I got to be there.

I'm sorry this email is so short but know that I love you all! I'm doing really well and I'm looking forward to this upcoming transfer. I know this church is true and I'm so thankful for this time of year where we can take more time to remember our Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives and loves us. He was the greatest gift we could ever receive from our Father in Heaven and I invite you all to #sharethegift! 

Keep smiling, 

Hermana Knowles
 
Yareli's baptism

The "Home Alone" house.

district Christmas spirit
 

No comments:

Post a Comment