Monday, December 29, 2014

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!



Hola familia! 

So Christmas was pretty great! It was so nice to see Delaney and my beautiful family through Skype! We ended up spending Christmas night knocking doors by where we live. It went pretty well we talked to a few interesting people haha. Christmas morning our downstairs neighbors from the 1st Ward had us over for breakfast! It was so nice of them we had a great time. I ate so much I felt like I was going to throw up because I was was so full and the anticipation of talking to my family right after didn't help haha! But overall it was a pretty great first missionary Christmas. 

So on Tuesday we got to go to the TEMPLE as a zone! It was awesome I love the Chicago Temple! Afterwards we all met at the mission home for lunch and a meeting where President Woodbury gave us a new scripture challenge. As a mission we are now reading the Book of Mormon and highlighting the Christlike attributes. I'm way excited for this challenge and for everything I'm going to learn! We also had a little gift exchange which was pretty fun too :)

On Christmas Eve we had district meeting then we went to hermana bautistas house and helped her make tamales! It was quite the process. They turned out way good I'm glad I got to help make them! On Friday morning our district met at the church and the young women made us breakfast. It was so nice off them! 

Well this week was mainly jumping from one holiday activity to the next and talking to everyone along the way. Right now we're really just trying to find more people to teach and we're working hard! I'm definitely excited for this new year and for all the experiences ahead on my mission. This church is true! I love my Savior and I know He lives. 

Keep smiling!

Hermana Knowles 

Spending P-day at the bowling alley with our zone and then I think we're going to head to the Lincoln Park Zoo! Then of course dinner with the Rodriguez family tonight :) 
Happy new year I love you all! 






No comments:

Post a Comment