Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Donde Me Mandes Iré


Hola! 

I feel like this month is going by so fast! This week was pretty great we mostly met with members and spent the rest of our time trying to find people to teach! On Tuesday we went to visit Camerina in the nursing home and I think that was one of my favorite visits with her. We showed her a bible video and sang a couple hymns for her and she absolutely loved it! I definitely felt the spirit especially as we sang. On Wednesday we had dinner with the Gonzalez family in the ward! It was awesome because some of the young women in the ward made a little band and they get together at the Gonzalez home to play on Wednesday nights so I got to play guitar with them! It was awesome! 
Ok I don't know if anyone can recall in one of my past emails where I talked about how we got to hang out with president at a baptism because sweet little Columbian Ludivia had him and Sister Woodbury sit down and eat afterwards? Well at the baptism she was telling them about how they HAVE to try Columbian empanadas. We told her we would just take it to presidents house and she thought that was a great idea! We weren't too sure how serious she was at the baptism but we most certainly found out on Saturday morning when she called us and asked if we were still bringing the empanadas to presidents house. So we went to Ludivias house and took her and her Columbian empanadas to presidents house and it was a good time! President had some people from the spanish Ward in Midway over with some other spanish Hermanas so we fit right in! We all had a nice little visit with president and Sister Woodbury and I even translated the conversation between Ludivia and Sister Woodbury! I was rather impressed with myself haha. So saturday was awesome! 
Well these are really the highlights of the week! Other than that we've just been working really hard to find people to teach. Knocking doors, talking to everyone, asking everyone for referrals, offering service. I know that the Lord is preparing people to be placed in our path and I really look forward to the day we start teaching them, but until then we will continue to work hard and do all we can. This church is true! I know it is with all my heart and I know that this is where we can find eternal joy. I know the Book Of Mormon is true, that it really is the word of God and I invite anyone who hasn't, to really pray about it and ask our Father in Heaven if it's true because this knowledge has the power to change lives and help us reach our eternal goals. I know God listens to us and answers our prayers and that He does so all in His timing. Never lose hope that answers will come! I love this gospel and I love all of you! I hope everyone has a great week! Write me! 

Keep smiling, 

Hermana Knowles
A Donde Me Mandes Iré is what our missionary choir will be singing at a Book Of Mormon fireside this Sunday night! I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go. 

I live here!



No comments:

Post a Comment