Monday, February 16, 2015

El Amor del Salvador

Hola hola! 

Cool story from last P-day! Hermana Dowdle and I went somewhere for lunch and our waiter was Hispanic! ¡De Mexico! After he read our name tags he asked if we spoke spanish and we were like, "Well we try!" The rest of that time we were there we talked to him in spanish. It was awesome and of course we were able to talk a little bit about the church. He was asking a few questions about the Bible that we were able to answer for him and it lead perfectly into the Book Of Mormon. Well long story short we ended up giving him a copy before we left and got his contact information so we can go teach him sometime! It was sweet!

We went to visit our friend in the nursing home as we do every Tuesday and I always love seeing her! We sang for her a couple hymns and afterwards she applauded us and told us she wished she had a recording of us singing so she could listen to it over and over when we weren't there. She's absolutely adorable! I'm so glad I can use music to help people feel the Spirit here on my mission. What a blessing! 

On Tuesday we also went to visit a potential investigator who told us to come back at a better time and she actually let us in! That doesn't happen super often. So we sat down with her and shared a little bit about our purpose of missionaries and how everything we teach goes back to the Savior. Her name is Maribel and her and her husband have 3 kids. We have another appointment with her today and I'm really looking forward to teaching her again! Please pray for her and her family!

On Wednesday we had our zone training meeting. We talked a lot about the things we've been learning as we highlight the Christlike attributes in the Book Of Mormon, baptism, being diligent, and acting with urgency. I absolutely LOVE this Book Of Mormon challenge. Each time I read and focus on the attributes of the Savior something new stands out to me and it's awesome! In some ways it has changed my perspective in my scripture study and helps me to see much more how the people of the Book Of Mormon strived to be like Christ. 

We helped out Sister Jensen this week and of course she wanted to check out Hermana Dowdle's family history. Well she found out some pretty cool stuff! Turns out that Hermana Dowdle and Sister Jensen's husband are like long lost half cousins or something. So that's kinda crazy! 

We had stake conference yesterday and it was awesome! The stake president is a really inspired man. He is always able to relate something fun and simple to the gospel. He was talking about those toys that you hit over and they always come back up because it has a strong, heavy foundation (the weeble wobble if you will). He related this to having a strong foundation in the Savior that whenever we fall over He will help us come back up. It was an awesome talk! 

Valentine's Day! For Saturday all we really had planned was to go knocking and looking for more people to teach, but then we thought it would be a fun idea to make valentines for the members in our area and visit them! So that's what we did. We made a bunch of heart shaped sugar cookies and put it in a bag with a note attached to it saying happy Valentine's Day and the scripture John 13:34-35. "34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." One of my favorite Christlike attributes to study is charity and love. The greatest act of charity and love was done by our Savior Jesus Christ and this was the Atonement. He loves each of us so much that He gave His life for us so that we can have happiness, that we can be clean, that we can repent, that we can have hope, and that we can return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father again with our families for all of eternity. I may be pretty young and I have a lot to learn, but there is one thing I can say I know without a doubt, and that is that Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father love us. I have felt it. In fact this is one of my favorite parts about being a missionary, that we can feel the love God has for the people we serve. At least a portion, and it always brings me to tears because it fills me so much I can hardly contain it. I testify that this church is true. It IS the church of Jesus Christ. He is at the head and He is directing this work. The restored gospel of Jesus Christ has everything we need to be able to reach our spiritual goals and return to live in the presence of God again with the ones we love. Heavenly Father wants all of us to have this knowledge and happiness and we can know for ourselves through sincere prayer. I know that God answers prayers and He does so because of His immense love for each of His children. I love this gospel, I love the people of Chicago, I love my family and friends, I love being a missionary, but above all I love my Father in Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ. 

I hope everyone has an awesome week! Stay strong and write me sometime! 

Keep smiling,

Hermana Knowles
 


 
 I think I forgot to send these but in the mission when someone is about to go home we say that they're "dying." So we made it really dramatic with Elder Dominguez and Hermana Gonzalez.
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment