Monday, March 23, 2015

Venid a mí


Hola familia! 

So it's been a crazy past couple weeks for sure! I'm sorry this probably won't be as in depth as I was hoping but I'll try to mention all the highlights from since I last wrote. 

First off! Elder Perry came and spoke to all the missionaries! It was SUCH an amazing meeting. He basically said that knocking door to door is as old as he is and that we need to be more creative in our finding efforts. Use our TALENTS! I'm so excited to see what we can all come up with throughout the mission. 

I honestly don't remember too much about last week and I don't have my journal with me right now, but I do know that I will most certainly miss serving in the Chicago 4th ward! I am already looking forward to visiting them again. I bore my testimony my last Sunday there and a few people told me afterwards that they were impressed with how much better my Spanish is from when I first got there. 

So CHICAGO HEIGHTS everyone! It's sweet! One of the borders of the area is Indiana so that kind of gives you an idea of where I'm at. My new companion is Sister Fangupo! She's legit! She's from Utah but her family is Tongan. Pretty neat huh? We have a lot of work to do in this area and I'm pumped! So far working in English just feels way different but the work is the work!  I love it! We have a few investigators right now and we're hoping for a couple baptisms next month! 

I don't even know what else to say so here's a funny story from yesterday! We had a pretty crazy long day on Saturday so I was just especially tired yesterday. Well Sister Fangupo was driving and she asked me to look something up on the map on my iPad. Well the map opened up to some random place in the middle of the ocean so I was scrolling around trying to find where we were, but please note I was basically half awake. So I'm scrolling and it's taking forever and Sister Fangupo is asking me if I need help. And then she looks over and starts laughing because the first thing she reads on the map is Algeria. That whole time I was just scrolling through Africa half awake. It was great. That was hilarious so that woke me up a little for sure!  

Well I hope everyone is doing great! I love being a missionary! I know this church is true and I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love serving the people of Chicago Heights and I'm really looking forward to this transfer! I love you all so much! 

Keep Smiling, 

Hermana Knowles
 
61
Venid a mí
1.“Venid a mí”, mandó Jesús.

Andemos en divina luz;

sólo así, por Su poder,

uno con Dios podemos ser.
2.“Seguidme hoy”, nos llama ya;

el gran Pastor consuelo da.

La paz será el galardón

de los de limpio corazón.
3.“Llevad mi yugo, y sabed

que soy humilde, y haced

lo que os mando y veréis

la gloria que recibiréis”.
4.“Dejad venir los niños a mí.”

Con gran amor mandó así,

y en Sus brazos los tomó

y bendiciones Él les dio.
5.“Así cual niños os haréis,

si en mi reino ̮entrar queréis

para mi gloria heredar

y vida ̮eterna ̮allí gozar”.
6.Su gran ejemplo nos mostró;

la senda Él nos indicó:

“Venid a mí a descansar,

en paz y gloria a morar”.









No comments:

Post a Comment