Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Te Damos, Señor, Nuestras Gracias

Hola Familia! 

I feel like this week went by crazy fast! Hermana Starnes and I are having a good time in our wonderful area. I seriously LOVE Cicero! It's awesome. Well on Tuesday we had the new missionary training meeting which was sweet! After that I was finally able to get to the mission office to pick up my birthday cards and packages so thanks to everyone for that it totally made my day. 

On Friday we had exchanges! I went over to Midway with Hermana Mansfield! She's the BEST. We had a good time playing Jenga, visiting members of the ward, and making a balloon ARCOIRIS (rainbow)! So that was way fun and we ended the day having dinner on 26th street which is like a Little Mexico strip it's great. 

Saturday was AWESOME! We went to a park by the church building and drew out the Plan of Salvation in chalk on the ground. It was so fun contacting everyone and walking them through our drawing and teaching them about the gospel right then and there! We had a lot of great experiences and met some really nice people. 

I finally got to meet our wonderful Chicago 2nd Ward on Sunday because last Sunday was General Conference. They're so great! They also freaked out when they found out I can play piano. So that was cool haha! 

We have a lot of exciting plans for this week. Mostly trying to find a few people and meeting with INVESTIGATORS. We have a lesson tonight with this really sweet lady and I'm so excited to teach her! 

Well I'm sorry this email isn't as long as usual I don't have too much time, but I just want you all to know we're working so hard! I love being a missionary! I can't say it enough. Sharing my testimony with others just makes me so happy! This church is true. I have no doubt of that. I know my Savior lives and loves us. I also just wanted to mention that I'm so thankful for the power of the priesthood and to have inspired leaders. I'm always so amazed at all the things I learn each day from modern day prophets and apostles and my amazing mission president. I love you all so much and if any of you haven't had the chance to watch conference or the video Because He Lives on lds.org I invite you to do that! The messages are so powerful. Stay strong friends and family!

Mantener la sonrisa,

Hermana Knowles

Te damos, Señor, nuestras gracias
1.Te damos, Señor, nuestras gracias
que mandas de nuevo venir
profetas con tu Evangelio,
guiándonos cómo vivir.
Y gracias por todos los dones
vertidos por tu gran amor.
Tenemos placer en servirte
a ti, nuestro gran Bienhechor.
2.Al sobrevenirnos peligros
que ̮amenazan quitarnos la paz,
tenemos en Dios gran confianza;
vencido será Satanás.
De Dios no dudamos en nada;
probamos ya bien Su bondad.
Los que a Sión se opongan,
al fin sentirán su maldad.
3.De Dios cantaremos la gracia,
bondad, compasión y amor.
Gozamos de Su Evangelio,
alegres de ver su fulgor.
Así, a la dicha eterna,
los justos y fieles irán,
mas los que ̮el mensaje rechacen,
tal gozo con Él no tendrán.







Gave my ninja CTR ring to a recent convert outside of Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment