Monday, April 6, 2015

Gracias a que Él Vive

Hola familia! 

So this week has been pretty crazy for sure! On Tuesday night I was transferred to my new area and now I'm back in ESPAÑOL! I really miss working with Sister Fangupo but I'll get to see her soon at the new missionary training meeting so that'll be good! I am now serving in Cicero, Illinois with Hermana Starnes and we are in the Chicago 2nd Ward. So far I absolutely LOVE my new area! I might as well be living in Mexico with all the tamale stands and other vendors with their Hispanic foods in the street. And now that the spring weather is coming people are actually OUTSIDE thawing from winter! So now we have so many people we can talk to its awesome! So Hermana Starnes is from Colorado Springs and this is her second transfer in the mission so she's been out a few months. I'm finishing her training right now and we're having a blast and a half! 

We also had zone conference my first day here and it was SO GREAT. We had an awesome lesson about faith and brainstormed about how we can be more creative in the work just as Elder Perry asked us. We also did this activity where we got in a circle and threw oranges and hardboiled eggs to each other. It was so fun! The purpose was to think of the objects as our investigators and less active members and how we have to work together to make sure we don't lose any! So that was a pretty awesome first day. The rest of the week has been filled with planning about how we will be working in our area and I'm very excited for this new week to work hard and share my testimony with so many people. I've also been able to meet a lot of members from the area and they're amazing! I can't wait to get to know them better. 

I hope everyone had a great Easter Sunday and enjoyed conference this weekend! I absolutely loved conference and learned so much from the general authorities. The leaders of the church are so inspired and I am so thankful we have the opportunity to hear from them twice a year! If you haven't seen it yet then go online and WATCH IT! There's a really awesome Easter video that is on the church website as well! It's called Because He Lives and its like 2 minutes and it's so beautiful! I also invite everyone to watch that if you haven't already! Especially being Easter Sunday yesterday I just wanted to say how much I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know He willingly came to the Earth to Atone for the sins of the world. I know He lives. I know that because He lives we can turn to Him for anything and at anytime and He will make us strong. Because He lives we can live with our families forever. Because He lives we can have hope that one day we can be even as He is. Because He lives I am a missionary in Chicago. I know this church is true and I find so much joy in sharing the restored gospel with everyone here! I hope everyone is doing well, I love you all so very much! 

"God loves us deeply, perfectly, and everlastingly."
President Uchtdorf 

Keep smiling,
#GraciasaqueÉlvive 

Hermana Knowles
 
 
Mid week transfer.

City Lights

Most of my new zone!

Fun signs in my new area!  ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment