Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Amad a Otros

June 22, 2015

Hola familia y amigos! 

First of all I just wanted to give a Father's Day shout out to my daddio! I hope Father's Day was great! It was definitely weird not being able to spend it with you but I know we'll celebrate twice as hard next year when I'll be home for it! I love you and I want you to know that I thank my Father in Heaven each night that I have such an amazing dad. Before my mission as I was going through a lot of your old mission journals and such I felt inspired from your example and still refer to things you wrote today in my own missionary service. Thanks for all you do dad!

This week was pretty great! I'd say the highlight of the week was when Elder Martino from the seventy came to speak to the mission. Other than that not too much to write about really haha.

Elder Martino really got us pumped for missionary service that's for sure! The conference was centered on the Christlike attribute of charity. So we've been studying this as a mission for a while now and I feel I've learned so much. I just wanted to share what I learned in my studies :)

So charity is the pure love of Christ or the eternal love of God for all His children. Well I wanted to answer the question of "how can we develop this attribute or better demonstrate it" and the answer I got was pretty simple as a lot of other things I come across in deepening my knowledge of this gospel. We can have more charity, just as in all other things, as we follow the example of Jesus Christ. "That ye love one another; as I have loved you" (John 13:34). 

And then in wanting to answer the question "why is it so important" or "what is charity capable of", I really liked a quote that my grandpa wiberg sent me, "It opens our hearts in a way that nothing else can. Even in the midst of life’s challenges and difficulties, love fills us with a sense of gratitude, hope, and renewal. Love gives meaning to life, enlarges our hearts, and enables every other virtue—like compassion, patience, and selflessness." I also really like something that president Uchtdorf said, that as we develop charity "our capacity to love God and to serve others will greatly increase." That's a promise hermanos y hermanas! 

So I wanted to take it a step further and thought, perhaps a result of this extended capacity to love would be a greater understanding of why our Father in Heaven and Savior did everything for us. If we strive to love as He does and do our best to see things with a more eternal perspective I believe we can learn more about our divine nature and have more of a desire to help others come to that knowledge as well. Right now I have this increasing love for the topic of divine nature or in knowing who we are and that we have purpose. I have also realized that the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes my purpose possible and that was the greatest act of charity ever performed. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I am so thankful for this time that I have to represent Him as a full time missionary. 

Moroni 7:45: "And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." 

I love you all so very much and I hope everyone has a great week!

Keep smiling,

Hermana Knowles

203
Amad a otros
1.Como os he amado, amad a otros.
Un nuevo mandamiento, amad a otros.
Por esto sabrán que sois discípulos míos,
si os amáis unos a otros.\





No comments:

Post a Comment