Thursday, July 30, 2015

El Valor de Nefi

July 27, 2015

Hola familia y amigos!

Well this week was full of some crazy adventures! I probably won't have time to write about everything but I'll mention some of my favorite moments from the week.

We have a pretty cool new potential investigator named Kayla. One day last week I felt like we should go stop by her house so we did. We knocked and she wasn't there so we were on our way out and as we were walking down the steps from her house I noticed that the back of my leg was bleeding pretty bad! I still have no idea what I cut myself on but I totally didn't even notice. So we went to the car and looked for something to clean it and the closest thing we could find to use were streamers haha. So my sweet companion is cleaning my leg with these streamers and as were standing there by the car Kayla comes home! So we go back inside (my leg still bleeding a little) and she lets us in! We had a good conversation with her about what we do and how the Gospel can bless her life and help her through her trials. She seemed very interested and we're hoping to teach her again this week! Afterwards when we got back to the car my leg was still bleeding a little so Hermana Anderson being the redneck companion that she is made me a bandaid out of streamers and duck tape that I wore for the rest of the day. It was legit!

We had such a fun lesson with a less active member this week! His name is Sergio and we taught him at a restaurant by the church with Elders Randall & Leon and Hermana Magaña from the ward. It just went so well and we had a lot of fun!

On Saturday we decided that we would have dinner at Subway so we went and as we were waiting in line this man asked us if we were Spanish speaking missionaries and of course we said yes! We talked with him for a little while and he was saying that he wants to change and come to church. It was so cool! We'll probably only meet with him once or twice because we're pretty sure he's not in our area and we'll have to pass him to other missionaries. I'm so excited we got to meet him though! We also saw one of our less active members just outside of subway too! Who knew our dinner decision would be so inspired?

Another miracle would be that we had an investigator at church on Sunday! This was also the day we met him. Apparently he was taught a little in Mexico and he met some missionaries here who pointed him in our direction because he lives in our area! The Elders that passed him over to us are so awesome too that they even found him a ride to get to church. His name is Jesus and he's so ready for the gospel! He's awesome! We're so excited to start teaching him this week!

I'm stoked for this upcoming week! I love being a missionary so very much. I love this gospel and I know it's true with all my heart. I hope everyone has an awesome week! Stay strong!

Keep smiling,

Hermana Knowles :)

This weeks song goes out to my homeboy Nephi.

64
El valor de Nefi
1. El Señor mandó a Nefi las planchas obtener.
Labán las custodiaba en Jerusalén.
Lamán y Lemuel se llenaron de temor.
Nefi contestó, mostrando su valor:
“Iré y haré lo que mande el Señor.
La vía Él preparará y obedeceré.
Iré y haré lo que mande el Señor.
La vía Él preparará y obedeceré”.
2. El Señor mandó a Nefi un barco construir,
mas dos de sus hermanos lo quisieron disuadir
y se burlaron de su ̮hermano menor.
Nefi contestó, mostrando su valor:
“Iré y haré lo que mande el Señor.
La vía Él preparará y obedeceré.
Iré y haré lo que mande el Señor.
La vía Él preparará y obedeceré”.
3. El Señor nos da preceptos que debemos observar.
A veces soy tentado las reglas a violar.
Cuando, desalentado, me ̮invade el temor,
yo contestaré con fuerza y valor:
“Iré y haré lo que mande el Señor.
La vía Él preparará y obedeceré.
Iré y haré lo que mande el Señor.
La vía Él preparará y obedeceré”.

Elders birthdays

matching my redneck companion

No comments:

Post a Comment