Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Espero Ser Llamado a Una Misión

Hola familia y amigos!

This week is really quite the blur but it was great! 

We had a pretty fun experience this weekend because we had the opportunity to have a mini missionary with us from Thursday to Sunday! We didn't know that was going to happen until the night before but we're definitely glad we got to be a part of that. Hermana Froelich is so great! She didn't really speak much Spanish but she was able to look past that and dive right into the work with us. At the closing fireside she was able to share her testimony in Spanish and it was so powerful! She was a huge example to Hermana Anderson and I for sure. She's from Indiana so we got to drive out there to bring her back and it was cool to be back in Valparaiso for a couple hours and see a few people I served around when I was in Chicago Heights.

Recently we've been working with a less active/part member family and they are all so cool! It's a huge blessing to be able to visit and teach them. This is la familia Sanchez and they all came to church on Sunday too! Que milagro! We have another appointment with them tonight and were so excited! 

The same day we got our mini missionary was zone conference. At zone conference they introduced this new thing that was installed into our cars called the Tiwi. It pretty much just makes sure we don't drive like maniacs and reports to the office who does. Hermana Anderson wants me to mention that she is not a fan :) but! We're saving lives it's a beautiful thing! 

Exchanges were this week too! 'Twas a beautiful day in Midway with the wonderful Hermana Warnock. We had some sweet experiences together. I think one of my favorites was within the first couple hours. We helped a lady carry groceries to her house and had a pretty great conversation with her on the way. When we got there she invited us in and we got to meet and share a message with her family! It was so awesome! Of course we were also able to sing a lot together throughout the day. One of our last contacts was this sweet man that was watering his garden. He ended up giving us some of his vegetables before we left too! Good times. 

Remember that zone conference I wrote about where we went outside and we were all blindfolded and had to walk toward the music? Well Hermana Anderson and I thought it would be cool to do that same activity with a less active family in the ward for their family home evening. It was a huge success! It was so special to see them act on their faith and blindly walk towards us as we sang "families can be together forever." The mom was the first to make it to us and as soon as she took off her blindfold she gave Hermana Anderson the biggest hug and just cried in her arms because of the spirit she felt. It was so powerful and I'm really thankful for that experience. 

Hermana Anderson and I are most certainly looking forward to this week. We're exercising our faith and have set some high goals that I'm extremely excited about! We're so excited for the miracles Heavenly Father has in store for our area. I love this work! I know this gospel is true and it just makes me so happy to help others come to this knowledge as well. I know that God lives and loves us and I have no doubt in my mind about that. I love being a missionary and I never want this experience to end! I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Mantener la sonrisa,

Hermana Knowles 

91
Espero ser llamado a una misión
1.A la misión cuando sea grande,
espero que me ̮han de llamar.
Procuraré hallarme listo
y como misionero ̮actuar y predicar.
2.Espero compartir con otros
el Evangelio de verdad.
Yo quiero ser buen misionero,
de mi Señor ser siervo en mi juventud.






No comments:

Post a Comment