Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Bandera de Sión

August 3, 2015

 Hola familia y amigos! 

Another great week in Cicero! Hermana Anderson and I are keeping pretty busy. The work is picking up more and more each week. Our investigator, Jesus, is doing great! We had a lesson with him this week with a couple of the young women in the ward and it went super well. He also came to church again on Sunday which was especially great because it was fast/testimony meeting! The spirit was so strong at church. Towards the end of the meeting Hermana Anderson went up to share her testimony and it was awesome! Then I was like #compunity so I went up there too and I'm so glad we did. Church was just so great on Sunday! We had 5 less active members that we've been working with come and it was such a blessing! 

We also went to visit a super sweet lady from the ward that lives in this nursing home kinda place. She's from Argentina and she's absolutely adorable. During our visit she was saying how she thinks it's dumb that she's only allowed to have one soda a day and then she asks us a favor if we could walk to the corner and get her a Pepsi. Let me tell you it was definitely quite the adventure. She lives in a little more sketch part of town but we got this sweet old Hermana her Pepsi. The sign on the door of the place we went to really made my day I'll send it with some pictures. 

Let's see what else. We had some tacos de lengua (tongue) with the Villegas family. It tasted fine it was just so weird knowing what we were eating haha. Good times! We sang another medley of hymns for them and they loved it! I sure do love that family. 

Sorry this email isn't as long as usual, but just know I'm living the dream! I LOVE missionary life it's kind of absurd. I never want to leave Chicago haha. Family and friends I know that this gospel is true. There is no doubt in my mind. I know that Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father  live and love each of us so deeply and individually. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and as we really take the time to study it we can grow closer to our Heavenly Father and Savior and find so much happiness and peace. I love this work and I love all of you! I hope all is well and everyone has a great week! 

Keep smiling,

Hermana Knowles 

Bandera de Sión
1.Bandera, alto en el monte, se izó.
Oh pueblo, contemplad; al mundo se alzó.
En monte de Sión está;
en alta cúspide se ̮eleva ya.
2.Recuerda Dios aún lo que nos prometió,
de en Sión alzar al mundo un pendón.
Cual estandarte, lucirá;
a todo pueblo él atraerá.
3.Su templo El tendrá, Su gloria va ̮a mostrar,
y gente se dirá allende de la mar:
Subamos para ̮a Dios servir,
hacer Su obra ̮y Su verdad oír.
4.Allí la ley de Dios se nos enseñará;
es sabia y veraz, y ̮al mundo regirá.
Debemos por Su senda ̮andar,
y paz, verdad y salvación buscar.
Also! Fun fact, we locked ourselves out of our apartment this morning
on accident and Hermana Anderson got us back in by carding the door.
Can you say coolest companion ever?






Crazy storm last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment