Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Para Siempre Dios Este Con Vos

Last P-Day en el CCM! I can't believe I'm going to Chicago on MONDAY! I am so beyond excited to go and serve the people there! So this last week was a little crazy but I enjoyed it! Now I'm not too great at soccer, but I felt like it was a necessity to play at least once if you're in Mexico. So I played on Thursday and like I expected I wasn't very good but it was way fun! I thought it made it that much more enjoyable being able to see the Mexican flag waving while we were playing.
My companion and I tutor Spanish for another district in our branch every day for an hour. At first we were assigned certain missionaries to teach, but since we've been there all the other missionaries have gotten really comfortable having us there and ask us questions all the time. Now we just walk around the classroom and help out everyone. I really enjoy it! They're a fun group.

Our District had our last class with our morning teacher on Saturday. He's so awesome! So we call him Hermano Cruz, but his first name is MAHONRI JARED. How cool is that? Like the Brother of Jared THEN Jared! Props to his parents. Anyway he's basically the best. I'll send a picture of my companion and I with him.

So starting on Saturday there were a lot of missionaries getting pretty sick and unfortunately my companion was one of them. So we went to la enfermeria aqui en el CCM to get her some medicine. The next day I was talking with one of the Elders we tutor and he said his companion had a really bad case of whatever was going around so they spent the night in the hospital trying to figure it out. They eventually found out that he had salmonela poisoning! Crazy! Ever since I've been a little sketched out by the food so my diet has consisted of PB & Nutella sandwiches. Don't worry I've been feeling ok! I'm so thankful for that. And my companion is much better.

On Sunday I didn't get to go to all the classes cause we stayed in la casa for most of the day so my companion could rest but we were able to make it to sacrament meeting! I was so thankful for that cause if I had to pick any meeting to go to it would be sacrament meeting because it is so important to take the sacrament each week! Its such a blessing. 

Yesterday we folded sheets again with Hermano Fragoso and we took a picture with him afterwards. I absolutely loved doing service in there each week!

So every Sunday the last thing we do is watch a slideshow with a picture of each district that is leaving the CCM the following Mon-Wed while Called to Serve plays. It's really awesome. After the slideshow we all sing Para Siempre Dios Este Con Vos AKA God Be With You Till We Meet Again. I love it so much! And this Sunday is finally our turn! I can't believe it! Soy muy agradecida por mi tiempo aquí en el CCM. Tuve muchas experiencias bellisimas  y aprendí mucho español y a cerca del Evangelio de Jesucristo. Tengo un testimonio de esta iglesia con mas fuerza y soy muy entusiasmada para compartir este testimonio con la gente en mi misión. Mi español no es perfecto pero yo se que la idioma del espíritu es perfecto y va a ayudarme compartir mis sentimientos sobre este Evangelio con todos en el campo misional. Esta iglesia es verdadero y yo se eso con todo mi corazón.

Keep smiling my dear friends and family! ¡Les amo muchísimo! 

Hermana Knowles

(English translation: I am so grateful for my time here at the CCM.  I've had many beautiful experiences and I've learned a lot of Spanish and about the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have a stronger testimony of this church and I'm excited to share this testimony with the people of my mission.  My Spanish isn't perfect, but I know that the language of the Spirit is perfect and will help me share my feelings about the gospel with everybody in the mission field.  This church is true and I know this with all my heart.)

1 comment:

  1. Bless you, Hermana Knowles! So exciting to leave for the field! Have a safe trip and I look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete