Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Asombro Me Da

Hey Everyone!

Another splendid week in the Chicago missionary life! The week started kinda slow but it most certainly picked up. On Wednesday night we went to Hermana Hurtado's house and she made us some arepas! So good! I seriously look forward to the day that her and mom meet. It'll be just one big ol Venezuelan fiesta haha. After visiting with her we had a small list of people to visit and then we returned to the apartment. When we were at the apartment we realized that we couldn't find our phone so we checked in the car and it wasn't in there. So we figured we must have lost it sometime while we were visiting people. The next morning after our studies we decided to go back and retrace our steps. After going back to all the houses from the last night we still couldn't find it so we went back to the apartment. I was a little discouraged through the process at first but I felt a reassurance that we would be able to find it. When we got back to the apartment we saw that we received a message on facebook from our zone leaders who said that they had our phone! We went and picked it up from them and they said a man found it in the street and called some of our contacts. Heavenly Father was definitely looking out for us and it was such a blessing that we were able to get it back. 

We visit the Robledo Family every Friday and I most certainly love them! We shared a message about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and focused on the importance of baptism. It went really well and I could feel the Spirit so strong. After the lesson I invited Yareli, the youngest daughter, to be baptized and she said that is what she wants to do. Her mother agreed and we are preparing a baptismal service for December 13, the same day her cousin and aunt will be baptized! We're so excited for this family, they're amazing! Please pray for them. 

Saturday was awesome! We had an amazing lesson with our investigator, Nadya. She's one of those people who has been prepared to receive the missionaries at this time and it's very apparent. She has so much faith and such a strong desire to follow the Savior. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and Hermana Sanjuan from the ward came with us. Hermana Sanjuan shared such a powerful testimony on eternal families and it was absolutely beautiful. After the lesson Hermana Michael invited her to prepare herself for baptism next month as well and she accepted! It's going to take a lot of work but we are putting our faith into it and working as hard as we can to make sure she is ready. Please pray for her as well! 

Also on Saturday night our ward had an activity called la noche de talentos! It was so much fun and so cool to see everyone participate. A lot of the members from the ward performed a dance from their home countries and that was sweet! A few people played instruments, and even all the missionaries participated! We did a day in the life of a missionary. We cut holes into a sheet where the elders could poke their heads through and made some mini missionaries. The same elder who's head is showing is also the feet of the missionary and a different elder was the hands, if that makes sense haha Thats probably a confusing explanation but I'll send pictures. The ward loved it! I also played piano for a member who sang for the talent show and that was way fun too! She sang I Stand All Amazed, or Asombro me da en español! 

Saturday was also a day that all the missionaries have been anticipating because it was the end of the transfer! During la noche de talentos we received a text saying, "you WILL receive a transfer call." We received a phone call later that night and Elder Jacobs told us what would be happening. Hermana Michael will be moving to Rensselaer, Indiana and I will be taking over this area with my new companion, Hermana Gonzalez! I'm sad to see Hermana Michael go but I'm excited for her! I haven't heard too much about Hermana Gonzalez but it's all been good things. I'm really looking forward to meeting her tomorrow morning and starting our companionship! We're going to work so hard! 

Sunday went pretty well, that primary program is sounding good! Haha. I really love this ward they're all so great and I'm so excited I get to continue serving with them!

This morning we went to have lunch in the city and that was super fun! In total there were 5 companionships of hermanas and one of them brought a member from their ward which was super fun especially because she only speaks Spanish so we all just spoke Spanish for most of lunch. I love the city! Tonight we're having dinner with the family in our ward that is from Brazil. They're amazing and I'm excited to be in their home tonight and spend time with them. 

I hope everyone is doing great! I love hearing from all of you and I'm so thankful for this precious time to be a full time servant of the Lord. I testify that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet on the earth today who guides this church by divine revelation. Jesus Christ is and will always be at the head of this church. I love this gospel and I love you all! Have an amazing week and if I could suggest anything to make it better I would say to always strive to remember our Savior, Jesus Christ. :)

Keep smiling, 

Hermana Knowles





This picture sums up my companionship with Hermana
Michael. I sure do love singing in the car haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment