Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Introducing: Hermana Gonzalez!

First of all shout out to dad! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so thankful to have
such a supportive and loving father. You're the best!

This week was a little crazy but overall good! Tuesday morning was
definitely the craziest. We got up pretty early to go to the transfer
meeting. Funny side note, I fell down the stairs when we left the
apartment. I thought it was hilarious. I really enjoyed transfer
meeting! I met Hermana Gonzalez and she's awesome! Here's a little bit
about her: she's from West Jordan Utah, both of her parents are from
Mexico, she's been a missionary for almost 16 months, and her spanish
is basically perfect! I know I'm going to learn a lot from her and I'm
so excited for this transfer!

So far Hermana Gonzalez and I agree that we work pretty well together!
We went to visit a less active member on Wednesday and after we shared
our message we were saying that we were going to leave and the lady
was like, "not so fast!" She made us some hot chocolate and gave us
some bread and fruit. She is way sweet! She really wanted us to stay.
She was so funny she was like, "do you have an appointment to get to?
I know your schedule you don't have to be home until 9!" Such a gem!

Our landlords took us out to a Chinese restaurant on Thursday which
was way nice of them! It was really fun hanging out with them, we
definitely have the best landlords ever!

Our week mainly consisted of a few appointments, some service, and a
lot of knocking doors. One door we knocked was an Indian family who
spoke very little English, but they let us in anyway! It was pretty
hard for us to understand each other but thats where the Spirit comes
in! We were able to get across a very simple message of how we have a
loving Heavenly Father and that our families can be together forever.
I felt the Spirit and I'm sure they felt it too. I'm thankful we were
able to spend a few minutes with that family.

We have an investigator who is progressing really well! She's really
amazing and has such a strong desire to know the truth and LIVE IT! We
taught her the word of wisdom the other day and at first, just like
everyone we teach this to, she was a little shocked about not being
able to drink coffee but then she was like, "yeah I don't have to have
that." How cool is she?! It's just hard for her because her boyfriend
doesn't want anything to do with the church. Please pray for them!

So it's nice and FREEZING here. Winters coming! I don't feel very
ready but I'll get over it haha. It snowed the other day so that was
pretty exciting. This wind is ridiculous! It just pierces the soul! So
I wouldn't recommend visiting Chicago in the winter. Haha

Sorry this email is shorter than the usual! Just know how much I love
you all! There's no where I'd rather be than where the Lord needs me
to be. I love being a missionary and I love the people of Chicago. I
don't have a lot of time to serve them so I want to make the most of
each moment. I testify that the Lord takes care of us, He loves us and
He will always be there for us to lean on Him. I love the quote, "when
life gets too hard to stand, kneel." We can always count on prayer,
but we must be patient and and have faith that everything is in the
Lords timing. If we do our part, then He will always keep His promises
and we will be blessed. I know this church is true and through the
Gospel of Jesus Christ, we can find peace, joy, and understanding. I
love you all and I hope everyone has a great week!

Keep smiling,

Hermana Knowles

No comments:

Post a Comment