Friday, May 15, 2015

Por Campos de Trébol Paseo

Happy Tuesday! 

We switched our pday to today just for this week so we can go downtown to see a little boy in our ward play violin at the symphony center! So that should be awesome! 

I hope everyone had a very happy Mother's Day on Sunday! It was so nice to skype and hear from my wonderful family and friends! I love you so much and I'm so thankful for your support of me on my mission and I'm so thankful to my Father in Heaven for the many blessings my family has seen as I serve the people of Chicago. 

Well it was another busy week here in Cicero! Everyday is just nonstop I love it! We have a new investigator named Lizbeth who was actually a referral from the Plan of Salvation activity we did in the park as a district a few weeks back. At first it was kind of hard to get a hold of her but this week during a stop by to her house she actually answered and let us in! We taught her the restoration and it went really well! We have another appointment with her tonight and so I'm looking forward to it! 

Lucy is doing great! We saw her yesterday and she was telling us about how she's been reading from the Book of Mormon! She was saying how it's so cool that she can learn from and relate the scriptures to her life. So hearing that was just a little AWESOME. 

So we were at a members house for dinner and she was telling us that she smells peppers before she buys them to see if they'll be spicy or not. We couldn't really tell if she was serious and so we asked another member if people actually do that and she thought it was hilarious and said that she's never heard of that. BUT a different member said that was normal. We were just confused so we went to the store and smelled all these peppers and I bet we just looked super ridiculous. I couldn't smell any difference! Maybe you just need Mexican nostrils for that to work. 

Oh SHOUT OUT to Tami, Eric, and the kids! Thanks for the package I loved it! I most certainly got my companion with the silly string and it was hilarious for sure. When I saw the plastic pineapple cup I was like, good thing we have pineapple juice in the fridge! Putting anything else in here would just be absurd. And Juliann's picture is hanging on my wall by my desk! 

We also had zone training this week! We talked a lot about being creative and shared our ideas with each other. We also discussed the scriptures in Jacob 5 about being laborers in the vineyard. What I got the most out of that discussion was to be DILIGENT and PATIENT. Caring for a vineyard is a lot of work and can be a long process but the fruit is worth all our labors. This is one of my favorite scriptures from that chapter: "72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things." At the conference we also talked about the sabbath day and how it can be a DELIGHT to us! This was from a talk by Elder Nelson in this past conference entitled The Sabbath is a Delight. I recommend it! 

I love you all so very much and I hope everyone is doing good! I love being a missionary and I love the people I serve. I know this church is true and I love bringing the happiness of the gospel to others. Stay strong my beautiful family and friends! 

Mantener la sonrisa, 

Hermana Knowles :)


My favorite Mother's Day song :) I love you momma! 

109
Por campos de trébol paseo
1.Por campos de trébol paseo a menudo,
y suelo manojos de flores juntar.
Recojo capullos por todo el prado,
y madre, las flores en ti hacen pensar.
2.Con cada flor quiero mi amor obsequiarte,
fragancia constante a tu vida traer;
si amo pasearme por prados y flores,
oh, madre, de ti yo lo pude aprender.



Can't forget that Skype group hug.






No comments:

Post a Comment