Thursday, May 7, 2015

Cuando Me Bautice

Hola familia! 

This past week has just been so crazy busy! I basically got home each night after everything was done and collapsed haha. That's how you know you're doing missionary work right! I wouldn't have it any other way! Let's see, where to start. 

On Monday we had a family home evening with the Hernandez family. Hermano is our Ward mission leader so we were there with all the elders too. We basically just had a little testimony meeting for the elders that were being transferred. It was a lot of fun I really love our district! So now we have two new elders in the district. Elder Hautau who is AWESOME and Elder Randall who was in my district back in Chicago 4th! So fun! 

After district meeting on Wednesday we all went to a restaurant that one of our investigators and less-active members works at. We watched those poor elders ride their bikes the entire way from the comfort of our little Toyota Corolla haha. They're so great! Afterwards as we were about to part ways sweet Elder Gomez found out he had a flat tire. So we all stayed and helped him. We didn't have much to work with so thanks to a nearby Walgreens he crazy glued the hole shut and they were on their way to their next appointment! Good times. 

Yesterday after church we went over to a members house so I could help their sweet 7 year old son practice violin. That was definitely fun! The elders also live next door to them on the third floor so Elder Gomez just sat in the window and joined our conversation as we were having out in the patio. His companion, Elder Hautau, was making some kind of smoothie so we kept throwing more fruit to them through that window. It was so entertaining. We even threw half a watermelon. Our accuracy got pretty impressive! 

We met with Danny almost everyday this past week leading up to his baptism! He was so ready and it was such a sweet experience to see him make that covenant with our Heavenly Father on Saturday! His mom was so happy. She was telling us that right after he was baptized, as he was leaving the font, he hugged his mom and they were both in tears because they could feel the Spirit so strong. Now Jackie (his mom) has a goal to be able to go to the temple and do baptisms with him when he turns 12 in two years. THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT. If I've ever seen the facial expression of pure joy it was on that sweet 10 year olds face on Saturday when he entered the waters of baptism, and also as I looked over at his mother with the same facial expression. Where else can you find such pure happiness? No where. THIS IS THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST. It is TRUE. It is REAL. This work is HIS. I just want to go to he top of Sears Tower with a megaphone and tell everyone! (Let's be real, that's not going to happen and if I had the opportunity I'd probably be taken away in that famous Chicago wind so probably not the best approach, so I'll just stick with ground level proselyting.) But you know what I'm saying! I love this gospel with all my heart. There is absolutely nothing else I'd rather be doing than sharing this perfect gospel with everyone here. I love you all so much and I love being a missionary! Stay strong my beautiful friends and family.

Mantener la sonrisa, 

Hermana Knowles :) 

Cuando me bautice
1.Me ̮encanta ̮el arco iris
después de ver llover,
y pienso en lo limpia que la
tierra ya se ve.
Tal como tierra
limpia cuando ̮acaba de llover,
yo quiero comportarme bien
y con mi Dios volver.
2.Cuando yo me bautice
se limpiará mi ser,
mi Padre me perdonará y ̮el
bien querré ̮escoger.
Tal como tierra
limpia cuando ̮acaba de llover,
yo quiero comportarme bien
y con mi Dios volver.


I gave Danny a race car CTR ring :P








No comments:

Post a Comment