Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Hazme Andar en la Luz

November 23, 2015

Well I'll tell you what family and friends, this past week wind chimes have most certainly been getting quite the workout around these parts. Also this cold, white, powdery stuff fell from the sky at such an intensity a few nights ago that it seems white is now the dominant color everywhere you look. After test and trial we've come to the conclusion that it only creates an increased probability of losing balance, but is otherwise harmless. So yeah it's windy, it snowed, and I'm freezing, BUT the work moves forward in the promised land of Gurnee, Illinois! 

On Saturday we received a transfer call and I'll be finishing my mission here in Gurnee and my new companion is Hermana Rowbury! She's legit. Sweet Hermana Mendieta will be going to my last area in Chicago 2nd. Exciting stuff!  

This week was kinda crazy, just the way I like it! On Friday we had an activity here at the church where we had all in attendance live Lehi's Dream! Our district got here early and set up an obstacle course with a rope that lead the way to the tree of life. It turned out pretty awesome! 

On Saturday a little boy in the ward (Elias) got baptized and Hermana Mendieta and I were asked to speak at his baptism. We made five little footsteps and put them on the floor in front of him. Each of the steps were the gospel of Jesus Christ leading to the celestial kingdom. Elias really liked it and we took a group picture with everyone that I'll send. 

Family and friends I love you and hope all is well! The gospel is true and I'm so thankful to have it in my life. I want you all to know that I know that Christ lives and I know that because of His Atoning sacrifice we all have the opportunity to be clean and start over. Through that same act of love I know we will all be resurrected and can live in a fullness of joy as eternal families. I'm so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for His perfect example. I love being a missionary. I love it I love it I love it! There's no greater joy than being able to dedicate your time to inviting others to come unto Christ and experience the purest joy there is. 

Mantener la sonrisa,

Hermana Knowles

"Elder Bawden what's your favorite hymn?"
"Teach Me to Walk in the Light."
"Thanks."

198
Hazme andar en la luz
1.Hazme ̮en la luz de Su ̮amor caminar.
Muéstrame cómo ̮a mi Padre orar.
Quiero vivir como dijo Jesús.
Dime cómo andar en la luz.
2.Ven, pequeñito, y juntos los dos
aprenderemos las leyes de Dios
para volver a vivir con Jesús,
para siempre andar en la luz.
3.Padre, las gracias queremos rendir,
pues nos enseñas la senda ̮a seguir.
A Ti loores cantamos, oh Dios.
Juntos vamos a ̮andar en la luz.

 District family picture

Elias' baptism. He's in between me and Hermana Mendieta

Primary program!

Act naturally they said.



No comments:

Post a Comment