Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Venid, Adoremos

December 14, 2015

Hola!

So Olimpia was baptized on Saturday! It was so awesome! She has such a powerful testimony and it has truly been a blessing to have been with her since the beginning and see her progress so quickly. Hermanas Mendieta and Muirbrook came up for the baptism and it was so good to see them too! We met with Olimpia this morning and talked about her baptismal experience. She said quite simply, "I feel clean!" She also talked about how she knows she has work to do within her home to help her family embrace the gospel. She said she's going to work hard because "I want my eternal family." She is such an amazing example! It was really beautiful at the baptism as we sang the closing hymn, "Families Can be Together Forever," I looked and saw Olimpia's husband (who is not a member) with tears running down his cheeks. The spirit is so powerful and it will touch your heart if you let it.

We were also able to go to the temple on Saturday to see a beautiful couple from Hermana Rowbury's old area get endowed and sealed! It was really powerful. We're actually going to be going to the temple again twice this week, once as a zone and then again to see another beautiful couple from Chicago 2nd get sealed :) 

We've done quite a bit of caroling as a district this week which was fun! We had a cool experience when we went to carol to one of our investigators, Jose. He's an old grandpa he's adorable. When he opened the door and we started singing his face lit up he was so happy! The smile on his face didn't leave the whole time we were there. We also shared the new Christmas video with him and he absolutely loved it and was so thankful we came. 

Speaking of the Christmas video...if any of you haven't seen it already you should probably get on that! ITS SO GOOD. It's called: A Savior is Born. Here I'll make it easier for you.


I especially love at the end of the video when it says, "discover why." As I thought about it a little more I realized, well that's exactly what we help people do everyday as missionaries! It's truly a beautiful thing to see people grow closer to the Savior and really understand the significance of why He came and what that means for each of us. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Who do you know that needs a Christmas message? I invite you to share this video with whoever it may be that comes to mind. 

I know Christ lives. I know this work is His. I know He is at the head of the church and has provided a way that we can return to our heavenly home. I know we have a loving Heavenly Father. I know He lives. I know He sent His Son to come and be central to His great plan of happiness. I testify that the most pure joy we will ever find comes through living the gospel of Jesus Christ. Just like Olimpia, I want my eternal family and I am going to work for it. I love you all! Have a great week :)

Keep smiling,

Hermana Knowles

124 Venid, adoremos

1. Venid, adoremos, con alegre canto;
venid al pueblito de Belén.
Hoy ha nacido el Rey de los ángeles.
Venid y adoremos, venid y adoremos,
venid y adoremos a Cristo Jesús.

2. Cantadle loores, coros celestiales;
resuene el eco angelical.
Gloria cantemos al Dios del cielo.
Venid y adoremos, venid y adoremos,
venid y adoremos a Cristo Jesús.

3. Señor, nos gozamos en Tu nacimiento;
oh Cristo, a Ti la gloria será.
Ya en la carne, Verbo del Padre.
Venid y adoremos, venid y adoremos,
venid y adoremos a Cristo Jesús.

Temple Trip

OLIMPIAS BAPTISM! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment